Two Exciting Events

Hey girlfriends! I am gearing up for a very busy week in Michigan next week. I am very excited to see so many of you. Two of the events that I will be at are open for the public to come to and I would love to see you! The first one is a benefit called, "Create Hope for the Congo," that my entire family, including my parents, siblings, and our children will be involved in. My brother's group, Selah, will be performing, as well as my sister, Nicol Sponberg. I will be talking about God's faithfulness to three generations of our family in the Congo as portrayed in my book, Congo Vignettes. Both my siblings by marriage, Greg Sponberg (Light Your World blog) and Angie Smith (Bring the Rain blog) will be participating also. The event is next Thursday night, October 23rd. It promises to be a wonderful evening of lifting up Jesus. I hope you can join us.

The other event is a women's retreat taking place on Saturday, October 25th, that I am going to be doing at my former home church First Presbyterian Church in Trenton, Michigan. We are going to be talking about grace. I can't tell you how excited I am about what the Lord has given me to share with the ladies. I would love to see you there. Tickets can be obtained by calling the church office. I am praying that Shawn Lantz is taken out of the picture and Jesus Christ is lifted up. I am desperate for a word from Him, aren't you?

Please pray for me as I finish final preparations for next week. I love you all and hope to see you next week sometime! The information for both events is as follows:

Hope For The Congo Benefit featuring Selah and Shawn Lantz, author of Congo Vignettes

Oct 23, 2008

First Church of the Nazarene, 21260 Haggerty Rd., Northville, MI (248) 348-7600 Time: 7pm-9:30pm

Laban Ministries International presents CREATE HOPE FOR THE CONGO featuring Dove-award winning musical group SELAH with special guests Shawn Lantz, author of Congo Vignettes, Greg and Nicol Sponberg, and Jack and Molly Smith. Join three generations of our family for a wonderful evening of sharing the awesomeness of our God through speaking and music. This event is free. A love offering for Laban Ministries International will be taken. For more info on Laban Ministries, please visit www.labanministries.org. Hope to see you there!


and

Women's Retreat--Portraits of God's Grace

Oct 25, 2008

First Presbyterian Church, 2799 West Road Trenton, MI (734) 676-1510

Join Shawn Lantz, author of the book, Congo Vignettes, as she teaches from God's Word on God's grace. Lunch included. Please call the church office for tickets.