Georgia On My Mind

I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.
Romans 15:30

Hey girlfriends,

I am asking you for your prayer support for this weekend. I am doing my first retreat on my Bible study material in Dalton, GA on Saturday. The Lord is giving me the privilege to serve the women at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. How in the world do I condense a nine week study into three sessions in one day? I can't even begin to know, but I would like you to pray specifically for these requests:

1) That Shawn Lantz would be taken out of the way and that Jesus Christ would be exalted.

2) That women would come hungry to be in God's Word and receive what He says to them through it.

3) That there would be at least one woman who would give her life to Christ for salvation on Saturday and that she would let someone know about that.

4) That the Holy Spirit would fill the room where the retreat is taking place.

5) That Satan would be bound and refuted and not be allowed to be a distraction in the technology or through illness.

6) That the worship would prepare hearts for the Holy Spirit's work among us.

7) That the Lord would give me unusual wisdom in what I should say and what I should leave out. That I would hear His voice behind me saying, "This is the way, walk in it." (Isaiah 30:21)

8) That my own heart would be open to Him. Also for the ability to sleep on Friday night in a strange bed (I don't generally do well with that as some of you might know!). And for safety as I travel to Dalton and back.

9) That we all would be stunned by the presence of Jesus Christ on Saturday and want to be in His presence more than we want His presents.

Okay, that was a long list. Thank you so much for your friendship and your willingness to go before the throne with me. For all my Nashville prayer warriors, the Lord is using your prayers to give me a tremendous amount of peace. Thank you for praying with me. You are so precious to me.

Love, Shawn