If Today Were the Last Day I Had...

"Be very careful, then, how you liveā€”not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is."
Ephesians 5:15-17 (NIV)

If I knew that today was the last day I had...

...with one of my children, how would I spend it with them?

...with my husband, would I make sure that I kissed him and told him how much I adore him?

...would I spend the day feeling sorry for myself?

...would I read my Bible with renewed fervor?

...would I see my glass half empty or half full?

...would I spend my time complaining or telling others how much I appreciated them?

...would I worry about my financial status or about whether others knew my Jesus?

...would I spend it in self-condemnation or exaltation knowing that those who look to Christ are radiant and never covered with shame?

...would I praise my Jesus with all my soul for my salvation and thank Him that the best is yet to come?

Jesus, show me how to live a life fully convinced that You are who You say You are and that You can do what You say You can do!