What is the heart of God like?
* He leaves the ninety-nine to go find the one that's lost.
* He runs to the weary, wayward child who wants to come home.
* He bottles every tear we cry and writes them down in His book.
* He gives no condemnation in exchange for the confession of the blackest sin.
* He is the Way Maker when there seems to be no way.
* He is the Father continually looking out for His own.
* He is not willing that any should perish without knowing His salvation.
* He rises to show compassion and longs to be gracious to us.
* He is unimpressed by fame, fortune, education, and worldly titles.
* He is incapable of prejudice, racism, or unfair judgment.
* He can do no evil.
* He is a disciplinarian for the ultimate welfare of His children.
* His love can never be quenched or diminished based on the behavior or deeds of those He loves.
* He is self-sufficient, all-mighty, all knowing, ever-present, all wise.
* He has no darkness in His person, nothing malicious, and all of His decisions are just.
* He is faithful and true and will never betray.
* He cannot lie nor can He fail to keep His promises.
* He is a covenant keeper.
* He is the redeemer of harm and abuse.
* He is lavish in His generosity.
* He delights in His own and sings over them.
* He hates sin.
* He is eternal.
* He will never leave or forsake us.
* He knows our every thought, every word, and every action and loves us in spite of them.
* He saves us by the power of the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ, and not by our own goodness or strength.
* He is the conqueror of death and the grave.
I constantly need to be reminded of who He is. I have such limited knowledge of Him, but one day I will know Him fully even as I am fully known.