God's Amazing Gifts - Homesickness

Merry Christmas, friends!

I know that this time of year is so busy. For most of us, the Christmas season is a happy time, but not for everyone. In fact, the month of December can be very difficult for some of us because we are faced with painful memories or a sense of not belonging-perhaps feeling as though we are on the outside looking in at someone else's joy.

The video series I am starting today is going to look at some of the gifts that God gives us that may not initially be thought of as gifts because they are difficult to receive. Each one, however, can be powerfully used by Jesus Christ to transform us and our outlook on life. I am praying that we would ask the Lord to change the way we view the difficulties that He has allowed in our lives to see that through these very hard circumstances, we can be changed in ways that will glorify Him and allow us to have empathy for others that we would not have had otherwise.

Today I start with a feeling we all have had at one time or another - the feeling of being homesick.



The key to relieve our homesickness is found in Psalm 16:11:

You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

I pray that your hearts would be encouraged as we remember: The best is yet to come!